The “VMware Identity Manager” is not accessible.” error is shown on the screen when an administrator tries to login to the NSX Manager 2.4 UI. The actual issue is that the NSX Manager was Integrated with the VMware Identity Manager and was currently disabled on the NSX Manager node. The NSX Manager UI shows the following error message when tried to login to NSX Manager UI.
What is VMware Identity Manager?
NSX-T integrates with VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) to get the following benefits related to user authentication:
- Support for extensive AAA Systems, including
- AD-based LDAP, OpenLDAP
- SmartCards / Common Access Cards
- RSA Secure ID
- Enterprise Single Sign-On
- Common authentication platform across multiple VMware solutions
- Seamless single sign-on experience
“VMware Identity Manager” is not accessible. Only “Node-Local User” accounts can log in”
How to fix the “VMware Identity Manager” is not accessible. error?
- Log in to the NSX Manager CLI with admin credentials and run the following command
nsx-manager-01> clear auth-policy vidm enabled
- Use the following URL to login to the NSX Manager with the local User Credentials: (Add ?local=true at the end of NSX Manager login URL)
VIDM Integration Status:
To check the VIDM Integration status:
- From the NSX Manager UI, Click System > Users > Click Configuration tab
As you can see from the following screenshot, the VMware Identitiy Manager Integration is Disabled.
Steps to configure VIDM with NSX-T:
- NSX-T 2.1 Complete video series:
- Introduction to NSX-T
- NSX-T Architecture
- Deploy NSX-T Manager Virtual Machine on ESXi host
- Configure NSX-T Control cluster
- Prepare ESXi host as fabric node in NSX-T
- Prepare KVM hosts as fabric Node in NSX-T
- How to add vCenter Server as Compute Manager?
- What is N-VDS or hostSwitch in NSX-T?
- How to create Transport Zones in NSX-T?
- What is Uplink Profile and how to Create in NSX-T?
- Create an IP pools for TEP in NSX-T
- Verify hostswitch configuration on ESXi and KVM
- How to create Logical Switches in NSX-T?
- NSX-T Logical Routing